Saturday, November 23, 2013

Ten Things I'm Grateful For....pass it on.....

1.  My 3 beautiful healthy children

2.  My health

3.  My career

4.  My home

5.  My calmness and spirituality that I'm discovering

6.  Food

7.  Sleep

8.  A new day

9.  The sun

10.  I'm an alcoholic

I'm grateful that I'm an alcoholic because if I wasn't, I don't think I'd be living the way I am.  I live a more spiritual, grateful life than I see most people living.  So many people worry about the little things in life and let their minds get carried away in negativity.  In AA meetings, I hear people say they are grateful for being an alcoholic and at first I didn't fully understand what they hell they meant.     Living as an alcoholic ...(I now like to say "recovering alcoholic") ...brings us to living Fully Alive.....the place I wanted to be for a very long time!

Have a great day!

My God really did take my cravings away....but I am always aware because I know the beast is lurking....

Jen  

P.S.  I'm not counting days anymore.....I'm just done..... My sobriety date will be stamped on the blog and I will celebrate monthly.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so grateful that you have come to this place of serenity. That's my whole list.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete